Browse Collections (23 total)

1990-1992, 7272 Sherbrooke St. Construction

18_1992_winter_completed building east side.jpg

After years of negotiation with Concordia University, Loyola High School finally acquired land at the corner of Sherbrooke St. West and West Broadway,…

Hockey at Loyola 1893-1950

1928_Intermediate Hockey_Eastern Champs.jpg

Loyola has been a part of the Montreal landscape since 1848. Hockey has always been Montreal’s quintessential sport, inseparably connecting Loyola…

Aerial Views, 7141 Sherbrooke St.

1929_A1050-095-loyola.jpg

Beginning in 1921 and again in 1940, 1950 and 1956 aerial views were taken of the Loyola College campus at 7141 Sherbrooke St. It is interesting to…

Postcards, Loyola College, 1916-1946

Post Card Set 4_#10of10.jpg

Between 1916 and 1946 Loyola published four series of postcards focusing on the Tudor and English Renaissance type of English Collegiate Gothic…

1992 Farewell to 7141 Sherbrooke St

8_1992 last grad class.jpg

In the spring of 1992 Loyola began its farewell to the Junior Building of Loyola College, its home since 1916, where it had thrived and grown for…

1964-1978, Junior Building Addition and Gymnasium

gymnasium 1978.jpg

From 1947 to 1964 Loyola High School remained a part of Loyola College with most of the High School graduates attending and graduating from Loyola…

1916-1947, 7141 Sherbrooke St, Loyola College

1916-17_first student body.jpg

In 1913 Loyola hired the architects Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, associate, to draw up plans for the farm land at the west end of Sherbrooke…

1915 Construction 7141 Sherbrooke St. West

1915_Loyola construction_administration bldg.jpg

In 1913 the newly appointed rector, Thomas MacMahon, S.J., engaged architects, Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, Associate to complete plans for the…

1913 Architects Plan 7141 Sherbrooke St. West

1913_Loyola College Block Plan.jpg

In 1913 Loyola hired the architects Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, Associate, to draw up plans for the farm land at the west end of Sherbrooke…

Loyola Beginnings 1898-1915

1907_Drummond St_juniors.jpg

In 1898 Loyola College took over the “Tucker School” at 68 Drummond Street. A new wing was constructed during the summer to house more classrooms…