Browse Collections (23 total)

Jesuits at Loyola

014Patrick Malone.jpg

In the Jesuit Tradition, a Rector had full responsibility over the local Jesuit apostolates/ministries. Rectors, and Vice Rectors, were always the…

Loyola Beginnings 1848-1893

1893-94 Loyola First Hockey Team.jpg

Loyola’s rich and diverse history reaches back to the mid nineteenth century when, in 1848, a bilingual Jesuit Collège Classique was opened in what…

Loyola Beginnings 1896-1898

1896-1897_Loyola College_Chapel.jpg

A four-page Prospectus published in 1896 by Gregory O’Bryan, S.J., who had been appointed to organize the new college in the former Sacred Heart…

Loyola Beginnings 1898-1915

1907_Drummond St_juniors.jpg

In 1898 Loyola College took over the “Tucker School” at 68 Drummond Street. A new wing was constructed during the summer to house more classrooms…

1913 Architects Plan 7141 Sherbrooke St. West

1913_Loyola College Block Plan.jpg

In 1913 Loyola hired the architects Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, Associate, to draw up plans for the farm land at the west end of Sherbrooke…

1915 Construction 7141 Sherbrooke St. West

1915_Loyola construction_administration bldg.jpg

In 1913 the newly appointed rector, Thomas MacMahon, S.J., engaged architects, Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, Associate to complete plans for the…

1916-1947, 7141 Sherbrooke St, Loyola College

1916-17_first student body.jpg

In 1913 Loyola hired the architects Peden, McLaren and Walter Murray, associate, to draw up plans for the farm land at the west end of Sherbrooke…

1964-1978, Junior Building Addition and Gymnasium

gymnasium 1978.jpg

From 1947 to 1964 Loyola High School remained a part of Loyola College with most of the High School graduates attending and graduating from Loyola…

1992 Farewell to 7141 Sherbrooke St

8_1992 last grad class.jpg

In the spring of 1992 Loyola began its farewell to the Junior Building of Loyola College, its home since 1916, where it had thrived and grown for…

Postcards, Loyola College, 1916-1946

Post Card Set 4_#10of10.jpg

Between 1916 and 1946 Loyola published four series of postcards focusing on the Tudor and English Renaissance type of English Collegiate Gothic…