Browse Items (4 total)

  • Tags: Collège Sainte-Marie

1893_college ste marie.jpg
Located at 140 rue de Bleury, Collège Sainte-Marie was founded by the Jesuits in 1848. It had an English sector (St. Mary’s College) that in 1895 separated to become Loyola College.

1889_circa class college ste marie.jpg
A class of students at Collège Sainte-Marie, St. Mary’s College. The College continued to draw students from Montreal and the United States.

1865_eglise de gesu_college ste marie.jpg
The Église du Gesὺ takes its name from the church in Rome in which St. Ignatius Loyola, founder of the Jesuits, is buried. Built in 1865 by Irish Architect, Patrick Kelly, it is one of the oldest churches in Montreal. Adjacent to the church is Les…

1848_Le Petit College_st Alexander.jpg
On September 20, 1848, a Jesuit Collège opened on the east side of the new St. Patrick’s Church, between rue Saint-Alexandre and rue de Bleury and below the future St. Mary’s College. It was a temporary run down structure that also served as the…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2