Edward Michael Brown, S.J.

Title

Edward Michael Brown, S.J.

Subject

Jesuits at Loyola

Description

Edward M. Brown, S.J., Rector July 11, 1940 - July 4, 1948
Edward M. Brown, S.J., was a skillful administrator and fund-raiser with a pragmatic bent, and the financial status of Loyola soon began to better.
In 1941 he founded the Loyola Mothers’ Guild. In 1944 Brown also initiated the construction of the much needed Central Building. Completed in 1947, it complimented the architectural design of the earlier buildings on the campus. It was the last building designed in the Collegiate Gothic style at Loyola.

Source for text field: Gavin, Joseph B. From “Le petit collège de bois” to 7272 Sherbrooke West. Montreal: Loyola High School, 2012

Circa 1979
Photomechanical reproduction, clipping
Using a photograph by George Nakash

Source for photo file field: The Archive of the Jesuits in Canada

Creator

photograph by George Nakash

Source

The Archive of the Jesuits in Canada

Date

1979

Rights

Under copyright ; since copyright holder is known, clearance needed

Files

011_Edward Michael Brown.jpg

Collection

Citation

photograph by George Nakash, “Edward Michael Brown, S.J.,” Loyola Archives, accessed December 14, 2019, https://lhsarchives.omeka.net/items/show/221.

Output Formats